Getting there

Faced with the option of living out the rest of my life, or an indeterminate length of time, as a homeless person in Sweden, I decided I should probably figure out a way back to Iceland. 

Technically speaking, I had a way. An extremely silly way. A 12 hour layover in Newark was bad enough on the way here, but jeez oh peat, doing the same thing times 4 plus making my way from Newark to JFK with four heavy bags, I mean give me a break. Money is only money, right? So I did the sensible thing, booked myself straight from Stockholm to Reykjavik.

The airlines are not considering this a change of ticket, because, interestingly enough, the legal definition of change is whether or not the origin city of a flight is the same. The destination city can change, and that will be OK (as long as it is the same continent!), but the origin city of the flight cannot change. Then it is just a new ticket. Which means I get to say I did not change my ticket, which is OK with me, since it sounds rather more organized that way.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps