Gesticulations

The room where I gave my talk today did not have a podium, or any sort of stand. So I had to sit down to give my talk -- I wondered for a moment if I should even bother going to the front of the room. 

This might not have been a big deal, except my talk did not have illustrations, so me moving around behind a podium, gesturing, looking around, and smiling was a pretty important component of how I could express my point. I do not presume the sound of my voice is sufficient. I got some decent feedback later, so I guess people were listening, but really, I prefer to be able to stand up and look at the people I am talking to, instead of down at a piece of paper. 

Now of course I am free to enjoy the rest of the conference, if I ever get over my jetlag!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps