Bloggaversary

What a way to spend my bloggaversary, cleaning out an empty apartment devoid of internet connection (I could not even piggy back on the neighbors' wi-fi, those Berkeley types are all so uptight about passwords).

But still I was thinking about it, telling my mom and my niece also. In fact, just now I'm tearing up, trying to conjure the appropriate words.

As soon as I started blogging, I wondered why I had not started long before. It felt as natural as walking, as liberating as talking, as enlivening as taking a deep breath on a crisp morning.

Each day of this year has helped me learn more about myself, and more about the world around me, than any other year of my life. Even when I had so much else to do, I was always rewarded 10 fold by the time I took to write a blog entry, or read someone elses. It made my day.

I am truly grateful for this forum of self-expression. And so I wanted to say thank you to my readers, with much love.

Comments

Anonymous said…
:)

I feel about the same - and also getting to know all those great people one wouldn't have had an idea that existed.

It's very appropriate that the word verification for this entry is Heart...
Lissy said…
Ah, thank you. As nice as blogging is though, I still look forward to meeting you in person someday. I haven't forgotten your offer to play with your cat!

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps