On not having a schedule

One minor point of contention during my trip to Prague is that the other mom has a definite routine with her daughter. First thing in the morning, the daughter brushes her teeth, gets dressed, and then eats breakfast. Palmer, on the other hand, does not have this routine. Sure, on the week days when he has to go with his dad to preschool, he has to get dressed right away, but on the weekends, he hangs out in his jammies until late, late in the day. Until they have to leave the house, actually. And he eats breakfast after he has played for a while. This however cannot drag on too long, or all of a sudden, he's hungry and cranky and the whole morning is shot. So she was rather of the opinion that Palmer did not want to leave the apartment, which he probably did not. He likes very well to stay home with his cars. 

Most days he has been here, I find that we've got everything all done and we are ready to leave the house just about at lunch time. And then I think, Oh, we should eat lunch here. And then after lunch, I wonder if in fact he should take a nap. So I let him watch a show, and then see if he needs a nap. If he needs a nap, it is another 2 or 3 hours before we are ready to leave the house. By this time, things are starting to close, like the postoffice and even the grocery stores. And so maybe I decide to just try again tomorrow, and not leave afterall. 

But I know on Wednesday, we have to be to Amokka in the city by 11:30 am, which means I need to get some errands done here tomorrow. This is the closest I come to having a schedule. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps