Morning heat

In California, particularly in San Francisco, there is a slight chill in the air most every morning. A person gets used to putting on a robe before leaving the bedroom. I remember as a kid even getting dressed under the covers, to avoid the shock of the morning air. 

All through the winter here in Iceland, I have enjoyed wrapping myself up each morning in a big white robe my mom gave me some years ago. Soft and snuggly, putting it on is my favorite thing about getting out of bed. 

As the days have gotten longer and longer and brighter and brighter here, by the time I get up at 7am, whatever chill may have been in the air early morning is long gone. For the last few days, I have, out of habit, reached for the robe, but it is in fact too heavy, too hot to wear just now. 

Tomorrow I think I will try my zip up cardigan sweater, which is also soft and warm, but not quite so thick and long. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps