Icelandic tutor needed

I am coming up on the 2 year anniversary of moving into this apartment (and the 1 year anniversary of my blog, but that is another entry). 

Everyone told me before I moved here that my Icelandic was good, that all I would need was 2 months of living here and it would be perfect. Ha! Try 2 years, and it could still use LOTS of improvement. 

I really am in need of an Icelandic tutor. Someone who will be able to take the time to actually understand my strengths and weaknesses. Someone who is smart enough to adapt their normal teaching methods to my learning style. Someone who really knows Icelandic. But most of all, someone who enjoys giving of their time and energy to help someone else fulfill a goal that is important to them. This is not a job where hourly rates are the issue, this is something I have tried to do my whole life and just cannot succeed on my own. I want a language partner, I guess I mean. 

I do not know if this is something I can do in earnest, really turn my full attention to, until say mid-August, but it is one of the things (like figuring out where I am going to live in the fall) that is on my mind, and I would rather get sorted out. Although I suppose I should first try to figure out what in the world I am going to do for Palmer's birthday.  

See, if I knew Icelandic better than he would know Icelandic better, and then he would have an easier time making friends here. It is all one big interconnected mess.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps