EU

OK, I am trying my best to avoid posting about this, but I have read some articles and blogs lately that suggest the Althingi would be doing some huge disservice to the Icelandic nation if they went ahead with talks on EU membership without first getting a mandate from the nation -- ie: a special election on the issue. 

Now I am not a political junkie, but I remember quite clearly that the reason the Samfylking did so well in the election in the spring was that it was very clear about its position concerning seeking membership in the EU. 

In other words, there was already an election on the matter, and it seemed very clear, to Johanna at least, that the people want them to move forward with this option. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps