4th of July

I completely missed out on the 4th of July, wasn't even thinking about it when I booked the trip to Prague. So the event at the American Embassy, to which I was tacitly invited, got skipped. 

But this morning, with a bright sky overhead, I find myself thinking of fireworks and patriotic songs, or actually, just the chorus from various songs. 

My Country Tis of Thee, Sweet Land of Liberty, of thee I sing. 

This Land is my land, this land is your land, this land was made for you and me.

America, America, God Shed his grace on thee. And crown thy good with brotherhood, from sea to shining sea. 

Purple mountain majesty, above the fruited plain.   

Comments

Anonymous said…
A belated Happy Fourth of July to you :) No use shooting up any fireworks here in midsummer, they get lost of course, when it doesn't get dark :>

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps