Wanton destruction


The excavators have been working outside of my apartment for weeks now, first digging trenches along the road, then along the parking lot, and now, the last few days, removing the light fixtures right outside my front door, digging a gigantic ditch around my house and the house next door. 

All of this in preparation of the switch over to 220 volt, instead of 110. To say the anticipation is mounting would be an understatement. When will this magical moment happen? I'll have to go to the school office and find out. 

In the mean time, I find myself more and more inclined towards the idea of moving to Reykjavik, especially after I picked up Kendra in Vesturbae this afternoon. The neighborhood near the Catholic church is amazing, and not an excavator in sight. 


Comments

Anonymous said…
my neighborhood isn't too bad either - unless you go down toward the sea and look at the monster buildings on Skúlagata...

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps