Two of everything

When I first got my apartment here in Iceland two years ago, I started joking about how I now had two of everything, two apartments, two cars, two cell phones, two bank accounts, two computers, two passports, two sets of clothes. Never quite got around to having two husbands, but it would not have surprised me, at the rate I was going. 

Today I heard that my car in California has blown a gasket, and it will be impractically expensive to fix for such an old car (1991 Saab 9000cs). I am sad about it, since actually, I really liked that car. I bought it as one of my first actions after getting divorced. 

So now I have one car, instead of two.

And Dave will be moving out of our apartment this month, which means I will no longer have an apartment in California.  So I will have one apartment, instead of two. 

My American cell phone fell in a sink in New York, and has stopped working. So now I only have one cell phone.

I believe the world is conspiring against me. Forcing me to get two husbands, just to compensate. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
hehe, it rather seems to be telling you to move full-time to Iceland :D
Lissy said…
Yes, well, that would be the conventional interpretation...

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps