Thank you gift

I am trying to come up with an appropriate thank you gift to send my host in Greenland. There are a few criteria, simple in some sense but actually a bit hard in combination. 

First of all, the gift has to be Icelandic. I mean, that goes without saying. 

Second of all, the gift has to be intelligent. This was a classy couple, well educated, with lots of nice stuff all over their house, really nice antique hand made stuff. 

Then the gift has to be personal, has to be something that is suitably coming from me. It has to be reminiscent of me or of our time together, if it is to be meaningful.

Whether or not the gift is expensive is not the point at all. 

I think I know what I'll send them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps