Majority vs. Minority

Yesterday, over coffee, Gunnar and I started explaining to the carpenter doing some work for us why we are planning to be different than Fjörukráin (note though that even this has an Icelandic name!). He listened, expressed some interest in the points we were making about the incorrect image of the Vikings establishments like that project. When we were somewhat done, said, (and here I translate), 'The problem is that you two are in the minority. I am in the majority. I would never think about these things at all. He runs a good business, is all I ever think.' 

Thus I take the opportunity to say this morning that the majority is not always right. In fact, these days in Iceland, it is left. 

Comments

Ko-Leen said…
I think I would have a hard time calling them left, maybe closer to central from far right but left... I dont know...
Anonymous said…
góð!

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps