I love archaeologists!

Yesterday the courier from Viking Ship Museum Oslo, arrived, and this morning we installed the Carolingian Beast Head in it's case. Not only does it looks super fly, none of the cracks worstend during transport! 

Then the courier from the Isle of Man arrived. Turns out both of them are archaeologists, so after a brief stop at Perlan, I asked them what they wanted to do; it was 5:30, too late to go see any museums, but too early for dinner. We decided to buy hotdogs and drive out to Jesse Byock's site at Hrisbru!  Yes! I love archeologists! No stuffy dinners at a fancy restaurant in town, no way! Instead we braved the wind and the sheep shit to better appreciate the site, which in all honesty is amazingly cool. 

There were perhaps things I could have been doing on my computer today, but one also needs to step outside, and look for ships in the landscape.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps