Unable to explain

It is becoming increasingly apparent that I have really missed the boat with how Icelandic business works. I have not spent near enough time just chit chatting with people about what I am doing. I have submitted written reports and PDF files, but have gotten so little feedback, I pretty much stopped doing that too. I kept waiting for the sort of meetings I have had with every other project I have worked on, two, three hour meetings where an issue is discussed in depth until a satisfactory resolution is found for all involved. 

The problem is that what I am doing is rather complex, and no one around here has any familiarity really with how it is done. About two steps into explaining a 10 stop process, either myself or the person listening gives up. That's OK, I do not need so much to have people understand what I am doing as just let me do it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps