Officerklúburinn

Tonight I have been invited to the grand re-opening of the Officer's Club here on the former military base, once the hardest place to get into in all of Iceland, when in fact only Officer's on the base and their guests were allowed in. Now it is being turned into a night club for general admission, and this symbolic Icelandicization of an American icon has been met with enthusiasm. I am not so nostalgic for the old, since I myself never went there, but I do note its passing, and I think it merits a toast.   

Comments

MamaOlive said…
At least it's something now. When we were there, the restaurant was open to all ranks, though we always felt out of place when we went there. Sunday brunch was the coolest thing around.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps