The biggest challenge

In case my readers have not noticed, my life is less 50/50 these days, more like 80/20 or even 90/10. It becomes more and more apparent that I have in fact moved to Iceland. When I first got my apartment here, I balked whenever people would say, "So, when did you move to Iceland?" and even still I evade the question, say something like "Well, I got my apartment a year and a half ago".  Of course it is wise to try something out, take one's time, and I guess part of my reticence was just wanting to test myself, make sure I could deal with all the challenges moving here would represent, like the language and the food and the weather. But really it seems to me that in the last few weeks something has changed, not with these practical issues, but just in my attitude, in my confidence. I think I am ready to say that I moved to Iceland two years ago, simple as that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps