Too cheap

Whenever I travel to the States, I have to remember to gather together my American paraphernalia. My American passport, my other wallet with my American credit cards, my American cell phone. The cell phone part is the worst; I just have not coughed up the big bucks to buy one of those fancy two-band cell phones that works both in the U.S. and in Iceland. Instead I have two cheap phones, one of which works only when it is in Iceland, and the other one of which works only when it is in the U.S. The plus side to this hassle is my giddiness at getting to check the inbox whenever I change countries, never knowing what has shown up in my absence. Obviously this would not work very well if I had a slightly more time critical job....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps