That's how that works!

Anyone who has known me for any length of time knows that I am really bad at gossip, partially because of my religious background, partially because of the lack of a real social network in California, and partially because of my preference for talking about what will happen instead of what has happened. I like to think that is American of me, though it may be just suburban of me. 

But I've caught the bug a little bit with a woman who is a friend of my aunt and my mom. I invited her to my wedding, at my mom's suggestion, because she used to live in Georgia. She's Icelandic, and recently moved back here, wanted to start a new life. I've heard all about it, even though I haven't seen her in what, 5 years now. 

She just called me a few minutes ago, and I realized how incredibly helpful it was to both of us that I have been following the gossip. No need for lots of chitchat, I knew why she was calling, she knew I knew why, and so, the best part is, we got right to deciding when we would meet! Just the way I like it. 

Perhaps there is something to this Icelandic system after all. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps