Speed Olsen Olsen

During rainy summer afternoons here in Iceland, both when camping or just over at Amma's house, my cousins and I would play Olsen Olsen. It is a decent card game, some strategy to it, but a bit simple, and I never quite understood the name (Danish I guess). My brothers and sister and I on the other hand tended to play a bit more rambunctious of a game, called speed, when we were out camping. In that game, there is no turn taking, there is no strategy, it is just about quick thinking and responding to the random occurrence of which card shows up next. The winner is the one quickest to seize the opportunity. I suppose Icelanders don't actually need to be taught more how to do that, witness the banking overexpansion and subsequent collapse!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps