Renewing friendships

I like to think it is very Southern California of me, that I am not good about keeping in touch with friends, and actually very bad at nurturing important contacts (or should I say Orange County of me; I have a feeling people in LA are better about using their contacts, at least in the film industry). My only explanation for this is that I have always felt somehow that I am bothering people, really. But over the last 2 days, I have had five or six people explain to me that I am not bothering them, and that in fact they are a bit put-off that I have not been more eager to be in touch. The funny thing is these were all people I had thought of many times, had in fact very much wanted to talk to, let them know how I was doing, hear how they were doing. I can't even quite understand what made me not contact them sooner, except I was waiting for some practical reason to do so. As much as I would like to, though, I am pretty sure I cannot push the blame for this off on a suburban upbringing. The time for that has passed. I live in Iceland now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps