A personal problem

I am coming up on 300 posts on this blog, which is not even a year old. And I have got to say, that although there are absolutely differences between Iceland and California, I find myself realizing that much of what I notice says a lot more about me, about the kind of person I am, than about either one of these places. This is a common realization amongst anthropologists; perhaps people only go into this field if they do not know themselves very well to begin with. I have certainly learned a lot about myself in the last year, and I think I understand better why other people do not understand me. The best part is I am getting quite comfortable with the ambiguity, which is neither particularly Icelandic or American of me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps