Over the top

My enthusiasm for Iceland and all things Icelandic is really and truly over the top. It is a sickness that started many years ago; in highschool my friends banned me from using the "I-word" because it was all I would talk about. I am as excited to be here when things are going good - nice weather, plenty of hotdogs on the grill - as when things are bad - governments collapsing, hail storms looming. It is so ridiculously out of proportion that I think that anything associated with Iceland must by definition also be super fabulous; I like Icelandic art and literature much more than American, remember tidbits of Icelandic history much better, think of course the language is superior. In fact I think the only thing I don't like is when Iceland tries to act too American. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps