Orange Tabbies

Every morning there are fresh kitty paw prints outside my front door, and some mornings I have seen the cat that leaves them, an orange tabby. The same orange tabby that followed my son and me home one day last summer. I think he comes past my house as part of his regular morning route, as he checks his territory. I have left food out from time to time, a piece of chicken or whatever, that I was going to throw out, and so I guess that is why he keeps coming by, checking to see if there will be more. I should stop doing that, because as a matter of fact, he has his own home, one block over. It is just that he reminds me of my all time favorite cat, Ember. He was also an orange tabby, and I miss him very much. 

Comments

Iris said…
Ember was the best cat ever! I miss Ember, too.
Lissy said…
Thank you Iris. Smart and pushy and affectionate and demanding, all the things a cat should be.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps