On the basis of need

One difference between being in Iceland and being in California is that in California, I had deadlines. Honest to goodness, class-is-about-to-end, deadlines. And I stuck to them, always. Now that I'm here doing freelance work and research, I am trying my darnedest to establish my own deadlines, and it is really very difficult. The only real way to choose between two projects, both of which are equally important, is to ask, "which one needs my attention more?". Sometimes, that is a hard question to answer, and sometimes very easy, very obvious. 

There is genuine change in the air here in Iceland, as much as there are structures in place to maintain the status quo, and I know that is all terribly important. I want to give my attention to it. But I do not need to. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps