Á leiðinni til Hafnar

The fresh snow enticed me to take a bit of a drive on my way into the office, out the road to Reykjanes Víti. Past Hafnir and in the midst of the empty hraun, I turned onto a little road I´d always meant to drive down but did not know what was at the end. There were some other tracks there as well, not many, maybe one or two cars had driven there before me, so it seemed an OK idea, even without my snow tires. The road was not very long, or too twisty, and about half-way through, the view opens up onto the ocean; I could see huge waves crashing on the black rocks in the distance. As I went through the gate, I realized this was a private road, but it was too late to turn around. And I was happy I didn´t, because at the end of the road, on a small rise stood a loan wooden summer house, with a horse grazing nearby, and two people painting the window sills. All of Iceland looked different after that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps