Time for change

I am absolutely certain that I have 100% adjusted to Icelandic time before, I mean I must have, I have been going back and forth like this for well over a year. But I don't really know how I managed it before. I think maybe I was more disciplined about forcing myself to get up or go to bed, or just more resigned to slog it through my days, slightly disoriented. This time around, though, I seem to be taking up the example of some friends of mine, and realizing that here in Iceland, it is OK if one's work day goes from 11am until 8pm, if that is how you want to do it. I really don't need to force myself into a 8 to 4 work day, it isn't like I work in some draconian office or something. The work getting done is what matters, not that I fall into some arbitrarily decided time frame for doing so. I guess I'm in my own little time zone, one in between Iceland and California. Hope I can stay, I actually like it here.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps