Paris and me

I certainly like Icelandic hamburgers, no doubt about it, Villi burgur in Keflavik being my favorite. But today I bit into a Western Bacon Cheeseburger from Carl's Junior, and all the happy memories of years spent chomping down on that sandwich came flooding back. The onion rings are crunchy, the bun soft, the hamburger juicy, the cheese melty, and the barbeque sauce tangy. It is a taste and texture extravaganza, and one is sure to need a napkin or two afterwards. And I am not even talking about the big mouth version, made famous by Paris Hilton during a Superbowl ad spot for Carl's Junior. That ad featured her washing a shinny antique car in a skimpy bathing suit while devouring a big mouth guacamole burger; it was considered so risque that people across the U.S. demanded it be pulled from the airwaves. This would never happen in Iceland.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps