Moving the chains

I must profess being profoundly happy to be back watching American football; between the college games and professional games, there is something almost every day of the week. Baseball is, as I've mentioned before, the root of more American metaphors (stepping up to the plate being my favorite) but really I think football captures the American ethic more. In my opinion, the game is about striking just the right balance between strategy and bravado. Some people are fooled by teams like the Dallas Cowboys, who have a lot of bravado, and others relish the work-a-day consistency of the Steelers, but I have been and remain a 49ers fan. Their fundamentals are sound, and I know at any minute, they could pull off a miracle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps