Kids these days

This morning I spent some time in my son's preschool classroom. On the way in Dave said, "Next they'll expect Big Foot to show up. They think you are an urban legend." After being there a few minutes, the teacher said, "Palmer's mommy is here from Iceland" and then glanced at a globe, asked if I could show them where that was. Both of the teachers were surprised when I pointed to a tiny island way up in the North Atlantic, as if confirming the existence of a fictive land. I was more surprised by the fact that when I asked the kids who had been on an airplane, they all raised their hands. Three year olds get around these days, both in California and in Iceland, I guess.

Comments

Ko-Leen said…
when I told my friends I was marrying a guy from Iceland they were all surprised that people lived there and in civilization: Canadian schools need to work on the geography too!
Alxmrfi said…
I'm surprised the teachers didn't know where it was!

Then again I'm not sure if I would if I didn't have an obsession with all things geographical.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps